Job No: Audit_Associate_HCMC_1021
Job type: Full time
Location: Ho Chi Minh City
Categories: Assurance/Financial services
Grant Thornton (Vietnam) Limited is an independent member firm of Grant Thornton International. We are a leading professional services organisation in Vietnam providing Audit, Tax, Advisory and Business Process Solutions Services. We have a professional team of 13 partners and more than 230 professional staff in offices located in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City.
In order to meet the demand of our growing practices, we’re looking for a qualified candidate to fill in a position of Audit Associate supporting the Audit & Assurance Services of our Ho Chi Minh city office. Detailed tasks of and required qualifications for this position are as follows:
Overall Role Purpose: To work as part of a team, effectively and efficiently carrying out audit assignments.
- Completes audit procedures by following the audit programme, audit manual and the firm's risk management policies and procedures, consulting with colleagues as necessary.
- Reports any potential ethical breaches to in-charge seniors, managers and partners, making suggestions of how to address them.
- Assists with all aspects of the audit process, including planning, fieldwork and completion.
- Contributes to audit planning discussions to identify audit risks and understand the rationale for the audit strategy adopted.
- Communicates any technical or administrative issues with senior team members where appropriate.
- Develops good working relationships with client staff with whom you will have most contact; including being able to discuss accounting and auditing concepts clearly, logically and consistently.
- Is able to answer day to day audit queries from clients after getting consult with seniors, managers and partners appropriately demonstrating good judgement.
- Able to inform clients of new standards that will affect their business.
- Addresses, researches and proposes firm conclusions in respect of technical and audit issues affecting the client.
- Obtains an understanding of the client’s business and analyses client issues, reaching logical conclusions by applying theory to practice and appreciate the implication to potential audit issues.
- Proactive in managing client expectations.
- Maintains a credible and professional relationship with colleague at all levels.
- Willing to receive and capable of responding to constructive feedback – asks for and acts upon feedback from seniors, managers and partners.
- Ensures jobs are fully completed by agreed deadlines unless renegotiated with the senior/manager in advance.
- Agrees time for each assignment in advance and is able to evaluate time spent in this context.
- Exercises judgement as to whether audit work has been completed to an appropriate level.
- Completes job evaluation after completion of audit engagement
- Initiative: Demonstrate a thirst to understand how your role fits in and seeks opportunities to contribute beyond own role.
- Adaptability: Shows agility and easily adjusts to changing work situations.
- Ownership: Takes responsibility for own actions and learns from experience.
- University degree specialized in accounting and auditing;
- Fluent in English, both oral and written;
- Good communication skills;
- Good knowledge in basis accounting and auditing standards, tax laws and regulations
- Your application, resume must be in English;
- Name your file with quoting reference (Application – Audit Associate – HCMC Office);
- The total document file size must not exceed 2MB;
- Deadline for submission is 21 October 2021 with urgent basis;
- Application & CV to be sent to: email@example.com
For any queries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications for this position are now closed