Job No: HCM_BPS_0820
Job type: Full time
Location: Ho Chi Minh City
Categories: Business Process Solutions
Grant Thornton (Vietnam) Limited is an independent member firm of Grant Thornton International. We are a leading professional services organisation in Vietnam providing Audit, Tax, Advisory and Business Process Solutions services. We have a professional team of 13 partners and more than 230 professional staffs in offices located in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City.
In order to meet the demand of our growing practices, we are looking for a qualified candidate to fill in a position of Assistant Manager supporting our Business Process Solutions Services of Ho Chi Minh City office. Detailed tasks of and required qualifications for this position are as follows:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Assistant Manager Responsibilities include training associates and monitoring service quality to ensure team meets and exceeds client expectations. The duties of the Assistant Manager are to make sure the team operate effectively, and that we keep our clients happy.
- Assist the Manager in planning and implementing business plan
- Manage the quality of the working papers/reports;
- Monitor progress to meet deadlines;
- Evaluate employee performance and identify hiring and training needs;
- Supervise and motivate staff to perform their best;
- Coaching, on-job training, mentoring senior and junior;
- Make sure all employees adhere to firm’s policies and guidelines;
- Act as Manager and set an example for staff;
- Monitoring out-of-pocket expenses, billing and collection;
- Communicate with clients and evaluate their needs;
- Keep confidential records and tax information for clients;
- Develops a good working relationships with client staff with whom you will have most contact;
- Liaises with other divisions to ensure that jobs runs;
- Meets own objectives set.
Qualifications and preferred skills
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar capacity;
- Excellent command of spoken and written Vietnamese and English;
- Leadership and organizational abilities;
- Problem-solving attitude;
- Self-motivated, well-organized and detail-minded;
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to interact effectively with clients;
- Good knowledge in VAS or IAS/IFRS or US GAAP, tax, labour and statistics regulations;
- Good at reading and following rules and regulations;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications;
- Well versed in various accounting software, HRM, ERP system;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy/ Finance/Banking or equivalent.
- Initiative: Demonstrate a thirst to understand how your role fits in and seeks opportunities by yourself to contribute beyond own role without being told by others;
- Adaptability: Shows agility and flexibility to easily adjusts yourself into any changes in working situations and develop the understandings on the changes on situations; and
- Ownership: Takes responsibility for own actions and learns from experience.
- Application and resume must be in English and attached with a recent photo, and copy of the transcript
- Name your file with quoting reference (Application – Business Process Solutions – Assistant Manager - HCMC Office);
- The total document file size must not exceed 2MB;
- Deadline for submission is 20 September 2020 at latest;
- Your application to be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any queries, please contact: email@example.com.
Applications for this position are now closed