Job No: HCMC_Advisory_0422
Job type: Full time
Location: Ho Chi Minh City
Categories: AdvisoryApply for this position
Grant Thornton (Vietnam) Limited is an independent member firm of Grant Thornton International. We are a leading professional services organisation in Vietnam providing Audit, Tax, Advisory and Business Process Solutions services. We have a professional team of 13 partners and more than 270 professional staffs in offices located in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City.
In order to meet the demand of our growing practices, we’re looking for a qualified candidate for the position of Advisory Manager for Transaction Advisory Services for our HCMC office. Detailed tasks of and required qualifications for this position are as follows:
Companies looking for M&A and investment deals face strong competition for quality assets and stakeholder scrutiny regarding acquisitions. M&A success starts with comprehensive diligence, and it's the only way to understand if the deal is the right decision at the right price.
As a Transaction Advisory Manager, you will be a key part in such action. You'll work with many of the international industry investors, with Vietnam’s fastest-growing companies and with private equity firms on those deals. You'll be advising our clients throughout the diligence lifecycle on key drivers to increase value and reduce the risks and uncertainty inherent in transactions.
You'll be working in a team environment with financial due diligence professionals on a variety of projects across a range of sectors. Our team works to understand the client's business profit drivers and trends, as well as challenge assumptions of future performance and assist with investment agreements, share purchase agreements and post-closing transaction matters.
As a Manager in Transaction Advisory you will be a vital member of the team managing and executing M&A project and financial diligence project work. You'll be focused on analyzing financial data and identifying key trends behind the performance of a business, discussing business performance and forecast assumptions with senior team management, and helping to write reports that set out our findings and recommendations around the key financial and business issues in a transaction. You will also be helping develop staff and seniors ensuring their career development.
Skills and attributes for success
- Handling financial due diligence engagements.
- Analyze financial and operational results of businesses to be acquired or sold through reviewing accounting records and conducting interviews with management.
- Identifying negotiation factors for purchase price and deal structuring.
- Constantly researching industry trends and technologies, as well as seasonality and cyclicality on cash flow requirements to provide knowledge and insight to clients.
- Develop and maintain strong client relationships and cross-sell services.
- Seeks to participate in business development activities and contributes to sales pitches;
- Takes an active part in networking events and build a personal network from which to generate leads;
- Actively involved in marketing events and is an ambassador for the firm;
We are looking for candidates that have:
- A bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance and 5 years of related work experience; A proven record of excellence in a mergers or acquisitions transactions role. It is of advantage to have experience gained within another large professional services organization.
- Strong knowledge in VAS/ IFRS standards
- Strong financial modelling skills and experience in using database such as Capital IQ, Factset or similar
- Excellent analytical skills and the confidence to translate complex data into meaningful insights.
- The ability to prioritize effectively on projects and the skills to adapt quickly to new challenges and concepts.
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills, and the ability to develop long-lasting relationships both internally and externally.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and simultaneous project.
- Capable of writing high quality, professionally presented reports. Strong business level of English proficiency.
- Your application, resume in English.
- Name your file with quoting reference (Application –Advisory Manager – Transaction Advisory - HCMC Office).
- The total document file size must not exceed 2MB.
- Application, CV and any queries to be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Advertised: 29 Mar 2022 SE Asia Standard Time
Application close: 31 May 2022 SE Asia Standard Time