Job No: HN_Tax_1022
Job type: Full time
Categories: TaxApply for this position
Grant Thornton (Vietnam) Limited is an independent member firm of Grant Thornton International. We are a leading professional services organisation in Vietnam providing Audit, Tax, Advisory and Outsourcing Services. We have a professional team of 12 Partners and more than 260 professional staff in offices located in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City.
In order to meet the demand of our growing practices, we are looking for a qualified candidate to fill in a position of Tax Assistant Manager/Manager supporting our Tax Services of Hanoi office. Detailed tasks of and required qualifications for this position are as follows:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Overall Role Purpose
- Handles the assignment smoothly with an assigned team;
- Manages and develops the assigned team members; and
- Manages a client portfolio and delivers services to clients as authorised by Tax Director/Partner.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the full range of the firm's products, services and capabilities and takes an active role in cross selling.
- Builds an understanding of the potential for selling into clients.
- Seeks to participate in business development activities and contributes to sales pitches, for own team as well as the wider firm.
- Builds a rapport with the individual client and develops a clear and detailed understanding of the business and client expectations.
- Meets clients’ demands, keeping them up to date with progress and engenders trust and respect.
- Deals with a wide range of technical issues and client situations.
- Provides intelligent and creative solutions to client tax issues both reactively and proactively.
- Writes high quality tax reports, professionally presented documents, requiring minimal input from directors or partners.
- Responsible for planning and performing tax consultancy/compliance assignments.
- Prepares and files ruling requests on behalf of our clients.
- Acts as a first point of contact on specific projects for any queries from the business.
- Demonstrates the ability to analyse potential solutions and make recommendations accordingly.
- Accurately interprets advice obtained from other specialists and questions where required.
- Presents solutions to increasingly complex technical issues.
- Demonstrates an awareness of technical risk through well supported research.
Client take-on / risk management
- Has a sound awareness and adherence to the firm's risk management processes and procedures.
- Ensures compliance with internal procedures including the completion of take-on.
- Ensures bills are raised and costs are collected on a timely basis.
- Mitigates risk through review and involvement of senior people.
- Demonstrates sufficient technical knowledge to supervise relevant areas of work.
- Seen as a reference point on particular technical issues.
- Works effectively with all members of the team, building the confidence and respect of peers and subordinates.
- Appraises and mentors executives giving regular feedback, timely appraisals and provides development opportunities.
- Manages a team of staff on specific projects.
- Provide on the job training to staffs/seniors and clients’ executives.
- Actively seek opportunities to attend training courses to develop technical and personal skills.
- Demonstrates a clear appetite for self-development through the appraisal and personal development plan processes.
- Reviews work afterwards for learning points
Operations and results
- Ensures bills are raised and collected on a timely basis.
- Manages work in progress to ensure recoverability targets can be met.
- Meets own financial target set.
- Bachelor’s degree in law, taxation, accounting or finance;
- ACCA/CPTA/CPA of overseas organisation or MBA of overseas university or CIMA is preferable;
- Minimum of 4 years in a professional services;
- Fluency in English;
- Sound technical knowledge;
- Post qualification experience;
Related tax consultancy/ tax compliance experience; and
- Initiative: Demonstrates a thirst to understand how your role fits in and seeks opportunities by yourself to contribute beyond own role without being told by others.
- Adaptability: Shows agility and flexibility to easily adjust yourself into any changes in working situations and develop the understandings on the changes of situations.
- Ownership: Takes responsibility for own actions and learns from experience.
- Business insight: Applies a breadth and depth of knowledge and experience to generate practical business solutions.
- Critical thinking: Acts as a business partner to clients, probes to explore what really matters and helps them to develop their thinking.
- Grow the business: Consults with clients to gain a deeper understanding of their needs and implements the best solutions.
- Builds business relationships: Surface issues and concerns, ensures they are fully aired and resolved and supports others to do the same.
- Develops, Inspires and Influences: Sets others up to take new challenges and provides the right level of direction and support for them to succeed.
- Result driven: Provides clear direction on outcomes and collaborates with others to deliver them.
- Application and resume must be in English and attached with a recent photo, and copy of the transcript;
- Name your file with quoting reference (Application – Tax AM/Manager – Hanoi Office);
For any queries, please contact: email@example.com
Advertised: 18 Oct 2022 SE Asia Standard Time
Application close: 16 Dec 2022 SE Asia Standard Time