Job No: HCMC_Tax_Director_1022
Job type: Full time
Location: Ho Chi Minh City
Grant Thornton (Vietnam) Limited is an independent member firm of Grant Thornton International. We are a leading professional services organisation in Vietnam providing Audit, Tax, Advisory and Business Process Solutions services. We have a professional team of 14 partners and more than 230 professional staffs in offices located in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City.
In order to meet the demand of our growing practices, we are looking for a qualified candidate to fill in a position of Director supporting our Tax Services of Ho Chi Minh City office. Detailed tasks of and required qualifications for this position are as follows:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Builds good rapport with the client, with a clear understanding of client expectations and achieving high levels of client service.
- Undertake and manage client’s expectation from both Asia and Western Continents pertaining to all aspects of Vietnam Tax and Corporate matters.
Client take-on / risk management
- Has an awareness of the firm's risk management procedure and adheres to this.
- Mitigates risks by involvement of senior people and ensures appropriate advice is sought.
- Takes steps to minimise professional risk, including the appropriate documentation of services provided.
- Demonstrates sufficient technical knowledge to undertake relevant area of work.
- Seeks solutions to technical issues and demonstrates a willingness to understand and recognise the breadth of possible technical issues.
- Is an approachable and respected member of the team who takes a proactive interest in the team's performance and well-being.
- Responsible for building and developing the knowledge and skills of the tax advisory team
- Inputs to all assignment appraisals for staff
Operations and results
- Monitors own time incurred and undertakes analysis as directed.
- Manages work in progress to ensure recoverability targets can be met.
- Undertake business development role to drive revenue growth and ensure yearly revenue budgets are in line with the firm’ forecast.
- Bachelor’s degree in law, accounting, auditing, finance or business is strongly preferred;
- Minimum of 10 consecutive years working experience in Big4 or 5 years in another consulting firms.
- Have diversified knowledge and practical experiences regarding tax, labour, customs and licensing.
- Fluency in English, both speaking and writing;
- VTCA/CPA/ACCA/CPAA is preferable
- Good working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Good administration and secretarial skill
- Good organisation and time management skill.
- Initiative: Demonstrate a thirst to understand how your role fits in and seeks opportunities by yourself to contribute beyond own role without being told by others;
- Adaptability: Shows agility and flexibility to easily adjusts yourself into any changes in working situations and develop the understandings on the changes on situations; and
- Ownership: Takes responsibility for own actions and learns from experience.
- Application and resume must be in English and attached with a recent photo, and copy of the transcript
- Name your file with quoting reference (Application – Director - HCMC Office);
- The total document file size must not exceed 2MB;
- Deadline for submission is 30 October 2022
- Your application to be sent to: email@example.com.
For any queries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications for this position are now closed