Job No: HCMC_Audit_Intern_0823
Job type: Full time
Location: Ho Chi Minh City
Grant Thornton (Vietnam) Limited is an independent member firm of Grant Thornton International. We are a leading professional services organisation in Vietnam providing Audit, Tax, Advisory and Business Process Solutions services. We have a professional team of 12 Partners and more than 300 professional staffs in offices located in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City.
In order to meet the demand of our growing practices, we are looking for a qualified candidate to fill in a position of Audit Intern supporting our Audit & Assurance Services of Ho Chi Minh City office. Detailed tasks of and required qualifications for this position are as follows:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Quality and Clients
- Complete audit procedures by following the audit programme, audit manual and the firm's risk management policies and procedures, consulting with colleagues as necessary.
- Reports any potential ethical breaches to seniors, managers and partners, making suggestions of how to address them.
- Assists with all aspects of the audit process, including planning, fieldwork and completion.
- Communicates any technical or administrative issues with senior team members where appropriate.
- Develops good working relationships with client staff with whom you will have most contact; including being able to discuss accounting and auditing concepts clearly, logically and consistently.
- Maintains an understanding of audit methodology, challenging the audit approach and recommending improvements for greater robustness and efficiency.
- Proactive in managing client expectations.
- Can balance normal workflow and demands of professional exams without disruption to other team members.
- Maintains a credible and professional relationship with colleague at all levels.
Operations and results
- Ensures jobs are fully completed by agreed deadlines unless renegotiated with the senior/manager in advance.
- Agrees time for each assignment in advance and is able to evaluate time spent in this context.
- Exercises judgement as to whether audit work has been completed to an appropriate level.
- Complete job evaluation after completion of audit engagement.
- Initiative: Demonstrate a thirst to understand how your role fits in and seeks opportunities to contribute beyond own role.
- Adaptability: Shows agility and easily adjusts to changing work situations.
- Ownership: Takes responsibility for own actions and learns from experience.
- Last year student or university graduates specialized in accounting and auditing;
- Fluent in English, both oral and written;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Good knowledge in basis accounting and auditing standards, tax laws and regulations
- Application and resume must be in English and a copy of your transcripts;
- Name your file with quoting reference (Application – Audit Intern – Ho Chi Minh Office);
- The total document file size must not exceed 2MB;
- Deadline for submission is 19 September 2023;
- Your application to be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications for this position are now closed