Location: Ho Chi Minh City
Categories: Digital Advisory
Grant Thornton (Vietnam) Limited is an independent member firm of Grant Thornton International. We are a leading professional services organisation in Vietnam providing Audit, Tax, Advisory and Business Process Solutions services. We have a professional team of 13 partners and more than 260 professional staffs in offices located in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City.
In order to meet the demand of our growing practices, we’re looking for a qualified candidate for the position of Advisory Manager with focus on Valuation services for our HCMC office. Detailed tasks of and required qualifications for this position are as follows:
As an Advisory Manager – Valuation, you will be part of our Transaction Advisory Services team - a career that will provide you the opportunity to help organisations realise the potential of mergers, acquisitions and divestment. You support your client to maximise value by providing robust value opinions advisory and identify drivers for value enhancement, or support their compliance with financial reporting requirements in term of fair value measurement.
Your responsibilities include planning, directing, and completing projects and services in valuations and developing and managing staff. Work closely with partners and staff and play a key role in client management, practice development, and business development for an assigned group of clients.
- Manage Valuation engagements throughout the transaction process, and coordinate the work performed by multiple service lines where needed.
- Plan, execute, direct and complete valuations for financial and corporate strategic buyers from a variety of industries.
- Manage client expectations concerning project deliverables and deadlines and lead change efforts effectively.
- Oversee and apply business valuation approaches and methods to a variety of tangible and non-tangible assets, including equity valuations, option analyses, and purchase allocations.
- Oversee the assembly, maintenance, and finalization of working papers that support valuations.
- Communicate (verbally and in writing) externally with clients and internally with all levels of the organization to successfully accomplish objectives portraying knowledge and confidence
- Recruit, manage, mentor, and train senior associates and associates.
- Assess performance of senior associates and associates for engagement and year-end reviews.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Develop and maintain strong client relationships and cross-sell services.
- Seeks to participate in business development activities and contributes to sales pitches;
- Takes an active part in networking events and build a personal network from which to generate leads;
- Actively involved in marketing events and is an ambassador for the firm;
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business, or related discipline
- Minimum 5 years of related work experience, preferably in business valuation, audit, transaction advisory service or corporate finance. Experience in advisory at professional advisory and international auditing firms is an advantage;
- Strong financial modelling skills and experience in using database such as Capital IQ, Factset or similar
- Strong current knowledge in VAS, and broad understanding of IFRS standards related to fair value measurements, business combination
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and simultaneous project.
- Capable of writing high quality, professionally presented reports. Strong business level of English proficiency is required.
- Leadership: Responsible to monitor and supervise the team to achieve the firm’s objectives, and to give coaching, guidance, instruction and training to promote the team’s overall performance.
- Initiative: Demonstrates a thirst to understand how your role fits in and seeks opportunities to contribute beyond own role;
- Adaptability: Shows agility and easily adjusts to changing work situations
- Your application, resume must be in English.
- Name your file with quoting reference (Application –Advisory Manager - Valuation - HCMC Office).
- The total document file size must not exceed 2MB.
- Deadline for submission is 10 September 2022;
- Application, CV and any queries to be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications for this position are now closed