Our focus on international and local incorporation enables our clients to receive the highest level of personalized service wherever they do business bringing into play technical know-how, transparency, speed, and proactive services.
Grant Thornton Vietnam assists in establishing companies throughout most Jurisdictions and helps to ensure that all statutory regulations are complied with. Our licensing professionals have developed strong working relationships over many years with officials at various levels, particularly in liaising with Vietnamese government agencies. We have extensive experience negotiating with relevant agencies on procedures, formalities and technical interpretations to solve disputes in the most effective manner possible.
Approaches and Services:
Service 1: Appropriate establishment of business types and structures:
Grant Thornton’s solutions: Provide pre-licensing advisory which will cover the following:
- Overview of Vietnam’s business environment, types of business entities accounting, tax and other legislation regarding doing business in Vietnam;
- Advice on the business structure, the tax and other implications of the structure for business in the future;
- Outline the implementation process of the suggested structure/type of business.
Timeline: 2-3 weeks.
Deliverable: Written advisory report
Service 2: Setting up a Vietnam entity:
Grant Thornton’s solutions: Assistance in obtain licenses:
- Investment Registration Certificate, Business Registration Certificate, Specialized Business License for Foreign Invested Enterprises;
- Certificate on Establishment of Representative Office;
- Contractor Permit, Certificate on Establishment of Project Executive Office for Foreign Contractor/Sub-contractor.
We also assist in the post–licensing procedures as required by the Vietnam laws.
Timeline: 3-6 months depends on the type of business and business sectors.
Service 3: Amending licenses
Grant Thornton’s solutions: Assist in updating licenses:
- Provide comments on the most feasible implementation process;
- Assist the Company in drafting the necessary documents;
- Submit the application dossiers to the Licensing authorities, follow up and provide proper explanation to the Licensing authority;
- Obtain the original copy of the amended license/new license on behalf of the Company
Timeline: 1-2 months.
Deliverable: Updated licenses/new licenses.
Service 4: Closure of business
Grant Thornton’s solutions: Assist in closing businesses: Based on your decision for closure of a business, Grant Thornton will assist to:
- Notify the competent authorities on the closure;
- Handle the tax code closure with the local Tax Authority;
- Follow up to obtain the certificate of clearance for tax/compulsory insurances/customs liability with the competent authorities;
- Return the license and entity’s stamp;
- Close the bank account.
Timeline: 3-6 months.
Deliverable: Certificate of closure of business.