Job No: HN_Audit_1221
Job type: Full time
Categories: Assurance/Financial services
Grant Thornton (Vietnam) Limited is an independent member firm of Grant Thornton International. We are a leading professional services organisation in Vietnam providing Audit, Tax, Advisory and Outsourcing Services. We have a professional team of 12 Partners and more than 260 professional staff in offices located in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City.
In order to meet the demand of our growing practices, we’re looking for a qualified candidate to fill in a position of Experienced Associate supporting the Audit & Assurance Services of our Hanoi office. Detailed tasks of and required qualifications for this position are as follows:
Overall Role Purpose: To work as part of the team, leading on site audit teams, effectively providing a hands on compliance and/or advisory role that meets or exceeds client expectations and supports the partner/manager team.
Quality and Clients
- Is familiar with, refers to and follows the audit manual and the firm's risk management policies and procedures, consulting with colleagues as necessary.
- Reports any potential ethical breaches to managers and partners, making suggestions of how to address them.
- Assists with all aspects of the audit process, including planning, fieldwork and completion.
- Contributes to audit planning discussions to identify audit risks and understand the rationale for the audit strategy adopted.
- Communicates any technical or administrative issues with senior team members where appropriate.
- Develops good working relationships with client staff with whom you will have most contact; including being able to discuss accounting and auditing concepts clearly, logically and consistently.
- Obtains an understanding of the client's business and analyses client issues, reaching logical conclusions by applying theory to practice and appreciates the implication to potential audit issues.
- Proactive in managing client expectations.
- Develops supervisory and coaching skills, providing on-the-job learning to more junior colleagues and delegating work appropriately.
- Willing to receive and capable of responding to constructive feedback - asks for and acts upon feedback from executives, managers and partners.
- Can balance normal workflow and demands of professional exams without disruption to other team members.
- Maintains a credible and professional relationship with staff at all levels.
Operations and results
- Ensures jobs are fully completed by agreed deadlines unless renegotiated with the manager in advance.
- Agrees time for each assignment in advance and is able to evaluate time spent in this context.
- Understands commercial implications of actions relating to productivity, recoverability, fee income and client service.
- Recommends changes to planning for subsequent years to improve profitability.
- Initiative: Demonstrate a thirst to understand how your role fits in and seeks opportunities to contribute beyond own role.
- Adaptability: Shows agility and easily adjusts to changing work situations.
- Ownership: Takes responsibility for own actions and learns from experience.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working in auditing;
- University graduates specialized in accounting and auditing;
- Able to communicate in English, both oral and written;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Your application, resume must be in English;
- Name your file with quoting reference (Application – Experienced Associate – Hanoi Office);
- The total document file size must not exceed 2MB;
- Deadline for submission is 16 December 2022
- Application & CV to be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For any queries, please contact: email@example.com
Applications for this position are now closed