- Accounting services
- Taxes compliance within outsourcing
- Payroll, personal income tax and labor compliance
- Secondments/Loan staff services
- Compilation of the financial and non-financial information
- Accounting systems review and improvement
- Initial setting-up for accounting and taxes systems
- Management accounting and analysis
Grant Thornton (Vietnam) Limited is an independent member firm of Grant Thornton International. We are a leading professional services organisation in Vietnam providing Audit, Tax, Advisory and Business Process Solutions. We have a professional team of 12 Partners and more than 250 professional Staffs in offices located in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City.
In order to meet the demand of our growing practices, we’re looking for a qualified candidate to fill in a position of Audit Senior Associate for our Hanoi office. Detailed tasks of and required qualifications for this position are as follows:
Overall Role Purpose
To work as part of the team, leading on site audit teams, effectively providing a hands on compliance and/or advisory role that meets or exceeds client expectations and supports the partner/manager team.
- Is aware of the wide range of Grant Thornton services and spots opportunities to educate clients of those services;
- Is actively involved in office marketing events when appropriate and is an 'ambassador' of the firm.
- Takes responsibility for wider client management and liaison on smaller less complex assignments;
- Takes an active part in the audit planning discussions to identify audit risks and appropriate audit strategy;
- Communicates any issues relating to an audit with Manager or Partner including matters which arise during the audit which were not identified at the planning stage;
- Ensures the efficient use of appropriate software packages;
- Oversees all aspects of audit fieldwork and completion;
- Prepares or reviews work papers and drafts of the financial statements;
- Produces client deliverables, specifically drafting sections of the report to management;
- Addresses, discusses and advances conclusion in respect of technical and audit issues identified during the course of the audit;
- Maintains up to date understanding of clients' business;
- Maintains good working relationships with client staff;
- Adheres to the Firms risk management policies and procedures, including being familiar with and consulting the audit manual;
- Delegates work to other members of the Audit team, ensuring associates understand their responsibilities and have received appropriate on-the-job training/coaching;
- Attends training courses as identified in order to develop both technical and personal skills and keeps records for compliance purposes;
- Maintains an understanding of audit methodology;
- Contributes to departmental and office meeting;
Operations and results
- Controls the audit in relation to timescales and risk management procedures;
- Consistently achieves deadlines and understands the commercial implications of actions relating to productivity, recoverability, fee income and client service;
- Accurately records time spent and documents reasons for overruns;
- Communicates workload with Manager or Partner.
- Initiative: Demonstrate a thirst to understand how your role fits in and seeks opportunities to contribute beyond own role;
- Adaptability: Shows agility and easily adjusts to changing work situations;
- Ownership: Takes responsibility for own actions and learns from experience.
- Minimum of 2.5 years in a professional services/corporate environment, working as an auditor;
- Able to communicate in English, both oral and written;
- Professional qualification (CAT, ACCA, ICAEW, VNCPA, CPA Australia) is preferable;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills; and
- Good at Microsoft Office skill.
- Your application, resume must be in English;
- Name your file with quoting reference: “Application – Audit Senior – HN Office”;
- The total document file size must not exceed 2MB;
- Deadline for submission is 16 December 2022;
- Application & CV to be sent to email@example.com.
Applications for this position are now closed